Usefulness of Awake Craniotomy for Low-grade Gliomas in Eloquent Areas
Hemant Bhagat, Dibya J Mahakul, Ashish Aggarwal, Amey R Savardekar, Sunil K Gupta
Citation Information :
Bhagat H, Mahakul DJ, Aggarwal A, Savardekar AR, Gupta SK. Usefulness of Awake Craniotomy for Low-grade Gliomas in Eloquent Areas. J Postgrad Med Edu Res 2017; 51 (2):74-78.
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Mahakul DJ, Aggarwal A, Savardekar AR, Bhagat H, Ahuja CK, Gupta SK. Usefulness of Awake Craniotomy for Low-grade Gliomas in Eloquent Areas. J Postgrad Med Edu Res 2017;51(2):74-78.
- The effect of extent of resection on recurrence in patients with low grade cerebral hemisphere gliomas. Cancer 1994 Sep 15;74(6): 1784-1791.
- Low grade hemispheric gliomas in adults: a critical review of extent of resection as a factor influencing outcome. J Neurosurg 2001 Nov;95(5):735-745.
- Role of extent of resection in the long-term outcome of low grade hemispheric gliomas. J Clin Oncol 2008 Mar;26(8):1338-1345.
- Patients’ perceptions of awake and outpatient craniotomy for brain tumor: a qualitative study. J Neurosurg 2010 May;112(5):1056-1060.
- Functional mapping-guided resection of low-grade gliomas in eloquent areas of brain: improvement of long-term survival. J Neurosurg 2011 Mar;114(3):566-573.
- “Mini-mental status”. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J Psychiatr Res 1975 Nov;12(3):189–198.
- Controlled sedation with alphaxalone-alphadolone. Br Med J 1974 Jun 22;2(5920):656-659.
- WHOQOL-Hindi: a questionnaire for assessing quality of life in health care settings in India. World Health Organization quality of life. Natl Med J India 1998 Jul-Aug;11(4):160-165.
- Low-grade glioma to treat or not to treat? Arch Neurol 1989 Nov;46(11):1238-1239.
- Low-grade glioma: to treat or not to treat? A radiation oncologist's viewpoint. Arch Neurol 1990 Oct; 47(10):1138-1140.
- Management of low-grade gliomas. Contemp Neurosurg 1997;19(9):1-6.
- A randomised trial on dose-response in radiation therapy of low-grade cerebral glioma: European organisation of research and treatment of cancer (EORTC) study